Hooray, it’s Friday! Today is my niece and nephews’ 12th birthday, so I plan on prank calling them and posting endlessly to their Instagram feeds. That’s what annoying almosty-30-year-old aunts are for, right? We celebrated their birthdays last weekend because we’re all so busy this weekend we knew it wouldn’t work out to get together. We have soccer games and grandparents in town, and they have baseball, football and dance all weekend. (Just writing that makes me want to take a nap.) Regardless, I’m so proud of them and the little almost-teens that they are becoming. I’m a lucky aunt, I do declare.
Here are some fun links to get you through the weekend. I recommend reading with ice cream cake at the ready. Mostly because ice cream cake is awesome.
– Are you as excited for the premiere of The Mindy Project as I am? I watched the pilot on Hulu and immediately feel in love. I read Mindy’s book last year and loved every, single second, but I never realized that while the book was climbing the best seller list and her show was getting picked up, her mom was dying of cancer. This amazing article on Vulture was the first I’d heard of her personal life, and it just made me love her more. And cry a little too. Okay, cry a lot.
– Lucy eats lunch at 10:45, so I totally relate to this article on Today.com. What’s with the early lunches, schools? And if you’re going to make the kids each lunch in the middle of the morning, maybe they should be allowed to have a snack during the day. Just a thought.
– Photographer Candice Milon put together this awesome collection of outfits from iconic films throughout history. I could figure out about 4…how many can you guess on first sight?
– Things I Learned at the Democratic National Convention? “The best way to save your seat is with your giant, homemade American pride hat.”
– Things I Learned at the Republican National Convention? “Mint Romney is a brilliant name for mint lotion.”
– Make someone happy.
– This blog post had me in tears. And not just a drop or two…more like the Oprah ugly cry. All moms of kids 5 and under must read.
– Have you heard of Armommy? It’s a great website with pretty much everything you need, from meal plans to awesome printables to health advice. Score!
– Have you ever wondered what happened to Benny “The Jet” Rodriguez? Well, he’s a hot fireman now. No joke.
– Elise of the Elise Joy blog came out with new stamps this week! Snatch them up before they are gone! (And trust me, they will be gone quickly…)
Here are some Instagrams from this week. Follow our fun over there at @crazy_bananas!