Happy Friday, everybody! This week has been so overflowing with fun and good times, that even though I know I’m exhausted, I’m still smiling. I’m working on some secret projects that I get to share in the next few weeks and I just cannot wait. Tonight I am headed to the Kauffman Program Graduation Ceremony at Arrowhead Stadium. I have mentioned before that I’m a Big Sister through BBBS-KC, and my Little Sis is a proud Kauffman Scholar. Once she graduates from the program she has to begin prepping to leave for college. I’m so proud of her! This weekend we also have two birthday celebrations (one for a friend of Lulu’s and one for a friend of mine), so suffice to say, we’ll be busy partying it up.
Here are some fun links from around the www this week:
- This video of famous artists doing their work is just fascinating. I loved the one with Monet in the waterlily garden and the one with Renoir being assisted by his young son. My favorite is the video with Jackson Pollack, who says to the filmmaker, “When I’m painting I have a general notion of what I’m about.” So awesome.
- This time lapse capture of the Earth from the International Space Station gave me chills.
- Why yes, that is a backyard shed transformed into a Tardis. And yes, I definitely need one.
- Jasmine Star’s Shooting Star Series is my favorite photography “How To” these days. Her videos are always spot on. This one’s on how to photograph wedding rings.
- My childhood idol Sally Ride, the first female astronaut, died this week from cancer. Here is a list of five things even I didn’t know about her (and I knew a lot). Sidenote: The fact that a “reporter” had the audacity to ask her if she had ever “weeped on the job” is so infuriating. Bah!
Here are this week’s Instagram shots. Pretty please, come follow me over there if you’re so inclined. You can find me @crazy_bananas. Happy weekend!