I’m a huge, HUGE fan of fairly specific resolutions, and most years I shout them from the rooftops (you can read my 2012 list here). But this year, folks, I’m just not feeling it like in the past. I think it might be because I’m finally at a point in my life where all the planning is coming to fruition and now is the time to DO. My January is so crazy, I can’t even think past the end of the month to what I want to accomplish this year, and so much of what I will want to do will be based on how this month goes. So with that in mind, I wanted to share a few simple goals that I have decided to pursue this year. These aren’t as specific as in years past, but I think my overreaching theme for this year is fluidity, flexibility and openness.
- Treat my body, mind and spirit better. (this one is carried over from last year)
- Take time to enjoy my life.
- Don’t feel rushed.
- Don’t put undue pressure on myself.
- Be open to new and scary things and experiences.
- Don’t worry about things before they happen.
- Get more sleep. (also carried over from last year)
- Read more books.
- Love without consequence.
- Create things.
Let’s rock this, 2013!
(Photo by Christina Gepner)