Last night I climbed into bed after hosting a gaggle of lady friends for supper club at our house and I just wanted to sleep for a few days. Months. Years. It’s been that kind of week. Mother’s Day and crazy work deadlines and graduation and dinner parties and my brain is on empty. But, as it is with mothers and fathers and caregiver type people, there is no long nap in sight. After the dishes were washed, there were still gym bags to be packed and papers to sign for school and diaper bags to organize for another long day. Tonight we are going to the opening of the Fairy exhibit at Powell Garden and at some point this weekend my parents will be coming to town. Oh nap, I don’t even know you and I miss you.
That’s how it always is though. When my life is full of good things it’s overflowing and I struggle to handle it all. I’m either sitting around on a Friday with no plans for the next two weeks or I’m trying to remember if I ate breakfast this morning (sidenote: I didn’t. I’m crabby.) because I’m so swamped I can barely recall my own name.
Just in case you have some free time this weekend (you lucky dog, you) here are some things I’m loving all around the Internet:
– Have you seen the new video series from Design Mom called “Olive Us.” It’s adorable. I’m done having kids, but the Blair Family makes me think I could totally handle six of them. (OMGnowI’mhavingapanicattackahhhhh!)
– Life Design 101. Yup, exactly.
– If you have kids, you should have a Dallas Clayton book in the house. (We have the Awesome Book and love it!) And even if you don’t have kids, you should follow him on Twitter because he’ll make you smile when you feel stabby. Not that I’m feeling stabby. Ahem.
– This post on instant photography literally had me texting my parents to see if they still had their old Polaroid. Which they do! And I get it! Hooray! (Crap, Polaroid film is expensive…do I really need that second kidney?)
– This post on motherhood from Lane made me cry. In a good way. As Lulu, would say, happy tears!
– I’m so excited for Mindy Kaling’s new show next year. It’s like Grey’s Anatomy plus New Girl plus her book that I loved plus sparkles. Win.
Here are some Instagram shots from the past week for your viewing pleasure (I’m crazy_bananas over there if you’re an Instagram fan). Enjoy your weekend, and take a nap for me!